Wednesday, July 26, 2006

 

Shadowfires – Dean Koontz (Bad)

So, finally I have had enough of Dean Koontz. Every time I picked up a new book, I wanted to think it was different from the rest. But it is not. His books certainly are not the kind I’d enjoy. I find them silly, and unbelievable. So I guess that’s the last one for me.

Rachel divorces her husband and whilst arguing outside the courthouse a truck kills the husband – except, perhaps he is not dead! Rachel’s husband, Eric escapes from the morgue. It so happens that he has been his own guinea pig for his immortality experiment. Still furious with Rachel, he sets out to track her down and slaughter her and her boy friend, Benny. Unfortunately, the experiment has gone horribly wrong and is transforming him into something unspeakable at a terrifying rate. Now the couple must find and kill Eric before he can do any more damage, while running from men from Eric’s company who want to put a bullet in her head to keep her quiet about the experiment.

Shadowfires” is unrealistic. I do realize that it is science fiction, but even then it is difficult to digest. It was a tedious and painful read and I was fighting hard to complete it. Suffice it to say - no more Dean Koontz for me…


Comments:
I suggest that you read a book entitled "Watchers" before you give up on Koontz. His best books were probably written during 1985-1993.
 
Hey! Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to give it another try. I'll get back to you after I read "Watchers" :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?