Monday, October 03, 2005

 

The Red Tent - Anita Diamant (Magnificient)

I read this book about four years ago. It was suggested to me by my dearest friend and I knew I was going to love the book since we both share a similar taste (in books).

"The Red Tent" is a biblical tale told in the voice of Jacob's daughter Dinah. Dinah narrates stories of her four mothers, Rachel, Leah, Zilpah and Bilhah (all wives to Jacob). The "Red Tent" of the title refers to the tent the women of the tribe remain in while experiencing their "time of the month" or while giving birth.

This is a novel written by a woman, about women, and for women. I don't think this book will have as much appeal to most men - but I may be wrong. It was a magnificient book and I recommend it to all women.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?