Wednesday, October 05, 2005

 

Girl With A Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier (Extremely Engaging)

One of my close friends recommended this book to me. I read it two years ago and found the book very unusual and fascinating. “Girl With A Pearl Earring” follows the life-changing experiences of a 16-year old girl (Griet) who is a servant in the Vemeer household who becomes the subject of a well-known painting.

The story is set in a time when the prosperous middle class were becoming art patrons. The story is so well described that I could really feel what it was to live in that time and place. The book describes many of Vermeer's works, adding a depth and mood to the story that captures the reader from the very beginning.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for something different.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?