Thursday, October 13, 2005

 

The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Albom (Beautiful)

I had borrowed this book from a library about two years ago. I’ve been wanting to buy it since then. “The Five People You Meet In Heaven” gave me a nice, warm feeling. It would offer comfort to anyone who read it. The book gave me time to think about the people whose lives have touched me and whose lives in someway I have touched.

The book is about an 83 year old man, Eddie, who dies in a tragic accident. With his final breath, he feels two small hands in his – and then nothing. He awakens in the afterlife, where he learns that heaven is not a lush Garden of Eden, but a place where your earthly life is explained to you by five people who were in it. These people may have been loved ones or distant strangers. Yet each of them changed your path forever.

I could not help but think of whom I would meet (if I were to go to heaven :-)) when I died. It was a beautiful book and it somehow soothed me. This is a good read for anyone looking for some form of meditation. I plan on buying this book as a gift for my husband.

Comments:
If you liked - The Five People You Meet In Heaven, then you might also like "Tuesday's with Morrie" same author. Try it..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?